13 Sep Stop by The Green Goddess today for Sept big savings
Come by and see what has everyone talking!
For a limit time receive 15% off all gardening accessories, seeds & more!
Don’t miss out on all of our fall inventory for your home garden.
GREEN GODDESS GARDENING 101
The weather in September in the Phoenix area can still be quite warm. Average highs can range from 104 degrees to 94 degrees. With September being the gateway to fall, the following are a few gardening tips.
- Stop fertilizing in September if you are planning on over-seeding Bermuda
- If you didn’t fertilize your citrus in August, do it now. Use Ammonium Sulfate, spreading it on the outer area of the roots to get maximum benefits.
- Prepare gardens and flower beds by churning up the soil, fertilize and using ingredients that help promote the best growth.
- Watering should be same as summer months since temperatures can still be hot.
ALL SEEDS ARE CURRENTLY 15% OFF – DOWNLOAD COUPON!
Green Goddess has a large selection of seeds to plant in your garden. When choosing seeds the following are a few tips that include:
- Buying seeds that will produce great taste, texture, a desirable yield and color
- That grow good in our climate
- Ask your Green Goddess representative which seeds he recommends that mature rapidly
- That resist pests and disease
Here is a list of some vegetable seeds that are best to plant in September.
- Lettuce, head
- Green onions
- Sweet corn
Just to name a few. There are many more.
When planting seeds make sure the soil is cultivated and fertilized. Soil is the foundation of any garden. There are many types of fertilizers to help your garden grow; all with different nutrients and ingredients. It is important to select the one that best suits your garden’s needs.
Colorful flowering plants that can be seeded in September include:
- Blue flame purple sage
- Colorful wild flower seed mix
- Tango hummingbird
If we are lucky enough to have temperatures drop below 100 degrees in late September, it is time to start to plant cool season crops. “Be sure to watch that temperature and forecast!”
Summer Salad with Smoked Chipotle Dressing
This salad only takes under 10 minutes to throw together and makes a great main course salad for two, or a side salad for 4. To make the salad even quicker, I usually wash and pre-chop my veggies the day I go grocery shopping. Then I have quick healthy options to grab throughout the week.
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 Red onion diced
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 2 oz Shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/8 cup apple cidar vinegar
- 5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
Dressing Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well before serving. Add chopped veggies on top of a bed of romaine lettuce, top with chipotle dressing, and small handful of Mexican cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by: Busy Girl’s Fit Life
Click for recipe download