01 Mar Plant Something Green for St. Patrick’s Day!
Become a grill master with the best BBQ accessories available here at The Green Goddess. Don’t miss out on this great offer!
10% OFF BARBECUE ACCESSORIES
Investing in the right accessories for your grill or smoker doesn’t just make your life a lot easier, it will improve the quality of your BBQ too! We carry many different sizes in our charcoal grills along with all the much needed accessories you could ever need. Our grills make your barbequing experience the best possible by offering enhanced techniques allowing the flavor of any food to explode with great taste!
March in the low desert Arizona garden is one of the most beautiful times of the year. Take time to enjoy your garden this month. Many gardens offer garden tours during the month of March. You can enjoy the beautiful weather on the tour and take note of plants, flowers, trees, and vegetables you see growing and would like to add to your landscape.
JOIN OUR TAKE A SELFIE WITH THE THE GREEN GODDESS GNOME CONTEST
Take a selfie with the The Green Goddess Gnome, post it online using the hashtag #ggnome (don‘t forget the hashtag) and get a chance to win a $100 Gift Certificate!
Come and visit us today and enter to win! 😁
PLANT A SHAMROCK: ST. PATRICK’S DAY DECOR
This is where you’re likely to make or break your shamrock experience. Do follow all of the instructions on your seed packet carefully, but also make sure to do some additional research into how to plant shamrock seeds, as some instructions suggest soaking the soil, and this will kill your seeds!
If you follow these instructions, your shamrock seeds should germinate.
- Cool your seed packets in the refrigerator at least overnight, but preferably for 24 hours.
- Fill a pot (one with drainage holes is preferred!) with a high quality potting soil and dampen the soil. This is perhaps best accomplished by allowing a pot with drainage holes to wick moisture from a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Sprinkle seeds onto the surface of the soil and then press them gently into the soil. You don’t want to cover them completely with soil.
- Place the pot in a warm place with indirect sunlight. Do not place your pot in direct sunlight.
Seeds should germinate and sprout within two weeks of planting, but may take up to two months depending on the time of year and the climate.
In celebration of Earth Day, we will be giving 10% discount on all our trees next month. Be sure to check out our wide selection where you may find the trees that will help you achieve the dream garden you have always longed for.
Green Goddess Gardening 101:
- Weed prevention: weeds are starting to grow fast, that’s when they are easier to control, Keep on with spring planting. Start planting for summer. Check your watering system. Everything needs more water and fertilizer.
- In the vegetable garden: Plant beets, bush beans, cantaloupe, corn, eggplant, peppers, radishes, summer squash, tomatoes, watermelon, winter squash