13 Mar Celebrate, and save your green! Come visit The Green Goddess
Take 10% off any barbecue accessory!
Our selection of ceramic grills is one of the best in the desert. We feature the “Kamado Joe” Ceramic grill designed to be a grill, smoker and an outdoor oven, all in one! The Kamado Joe grill is featured in this month’s Consumer Reports as “#1 rated ceramic grill”.
The Green Goddess Gardening 101:
- Weed prevention: Weeds are starting to grow fast. That’s when they are easier to control. Keep on with your spring planting. It’s time to start planting for summer. Don’t forget to check your watering system. Keep in mind everything needs more water and fertilizer.
- In the vegetable garden: plant beets, bush beans, cantaloupe, corn eggplant, peppers, radishes, summer squash, tomatoes, watermelon an winter squash.
Bell Pepper Nachos:
This recipe makes a great appetizer for company or can be a main course for two. Super quick to make and so tasty.
- 1 tsp avocado or olive oil
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 1 lb. organic ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ can pinto beans
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat pan over a medium heat, add avocado oil and red onion, sauté for 5 minutes
- Add turkey and all seasonings, cook until turkey is cooked through (about 7 minutes)
- Add cooked quinoa and pinto beans and stir to combine
- While turkey is cooking, line cookie sheet in foil, cut bell peppers into wedges and place on cookie sheet
- Scoop turkey mixture into each bell pepper “chip”, sprinkle cheese on top
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Top with diced avocado and cilantro if desired and enjoy!