26 Apr Getting your garden ready for spring!
Spring in the Phoenix area is not the same as spring in different parts of the country. Here are a few tips to guarantee your garden flourishes through spring and summer months.
With any frost behind us now is a good time to plant seeds. Choose warm weather to plant in spring so your crop can handle the summer heat.
When starting your garden in spring:
- For vegetables find areas with 6-8 hours of sunlight
- Location – location – location; applies to any garden. Check which areas are sunny or shady and plant accordingly.
- Make sure soil is softened and use compost
- Water – vegetables should be watered to one (1) foot deep
- Plant summer flowers. Your Green Goddess specialist can help you choose beautiful flowering plants for the summer
- Remove the dead flowers and leaves off plants so new life can grow
With spring weather the time to bar-b-que is upon us. We carry top line grills such as Primo and Kamado Joe; and our selection of grilling accessories is the best in the desert. We offer thermometers to bar-b-que rack cleaners, serving platters, grill gloves, smoker box and most any other tools you need to make your grilling fun. We also carry a large selection of spices such as:
- Bad Byrons Butt Rub
- Dizzy Pig Rub
- Bad Byrons Jubilee
- Big BOB Gibson BBQ and Sauces
- Geaux Jus
- John Henry BBQ sauce
- John Henry Seasoning
- Rising Hy Spices and Seasoning