13 Apr Earth Day 2020! Join us in healing our plant.
THE GREEN GODDESS IS CURRENTLY OPEN!
Earth Day is just around the corner, this is the perfect time to encourage your loved ones to get outside, appreciate everything nature has to offer. How can you be a part of Earth Day? By planting some trees, clean up a stream or help your local community garden, there’s nothing wrong with being outside and enjoying the fresh air.
Let’s use this time of social distancing to reconnect with the outdoors. The Green Goddess will be here with our doors open, as long as it is safe to do so and we look forward to seeing you.
10% OFF ALL TREES
We know staying at home can not only be tough with family but can also become very mundane. Why not try planting a tree with the family? The Green Goddess is offering 10% off all trees this month!
Check out The Green Goddess’ best selection of nursery quality trees for sale in several types including fast-growing, flowering, shade & more.
Click here to download coupon.
JOIN OUR TAKE A SELFIE WITH THE THE GREEN GODDESS GNOME CONTEST
Come visit us and take a selfie with our Easter Gnome to get a chance to win a Gift Certificate!
TREE PLANTING TIPS
Know your tree’s requirements
Sunlight helps trees photosynthesize. Some trees need full sunlight (more than six hours a day), while others can live with less. Find a spot that provides enough light for your tree.
To keep a tree’s roots healthy, it’s important to plant them in an area with the right moisture levels. If your tree needs drier soil, find a spot in your yard that’s well-drained. If it prefers soil that’s wetter, place it in the lowest spot of your yard, where rainwater collects.
Keep in mind the mature size of the tree when picking a location for planting. Stay away from power lines and underground utilities.
Next month ceramic pots are on sale for Mother’s Day at 10% off! Don’t miss them out!
Green Goddess Gardening 101:
- Weeding: April and May are the worst months.
- Planting: summer planting should be finished now: summer really starts in May in Phoenix. Best month for tropical plants like Bougainvillea, Lantana, Citrus, etc.
- Lawn: Weed and feed your Bermuda grass lawn. It starts growing when the night temperature stays above sixty. Re-seed bare patches.
- Roses: Remove dead flowers and fertilize roses after each bloom period for a final crop before hot weather.
- Citrus: Check that all the trunk parts of citrus and young trees that are exposed to the sun are painted white. This keeps them cooler and protects them from sunburn. Use white latex paint diluted with water (1 volume white flat latex paint for 1 volume water)
- In the vegetable garden: Plant cantaloupe, eggplant, peppers, pumpkin, summer squash, watermelon, winter squash.